Posted to user@turbine.apache.org by Andrés Monti <am...@aptix.com.ar> on 2001/10/01 16:42:32 UTC

Objects not available in context

Hi all:

I would like to know if it's possible to parse (or something similar) different templates into a single one having available all objects that belongs to the different screens (for example: a portal home page which displays different kind of information like news, appointments, etc)

I've tried the following:

        The body of the page index.vm has the following syntax:

            #parse ("/news/NewsList.vm")

            #parse ("/appointments/AppointmentList.vm")

The page is parsed but the vectors to explore ($news and $ appointments) are not available (NewsList.class and AppointmentList.class are not executed).

        Thanks in advance

                                                                                                                    Andrés Monti

RE: Objects not available in context

Posted by Huy Do <hu...@tramada.com>.
This is because velocity does not call your screen classes, when you call
parse (i think :-)), and i'm assuming that's where you load the vectors
into your context.

Sounds like you need a pull tool. Search the list or read the
how to for more info.

Huy