Posted to dev@tomee.apache.org by "Bakalsky, Krum" <kr...@sap.com> on 2011/05/10 16:01:32 UTC

OpenEJB in Tomcat ... on OSGi ?

Hi guys,

Considering the OpenEJB/Tomcat integration subproject, I was wondering whether there have been some explorations for running this stack on top of OSGi ? I mean RFC66 specification for web container integration (with, for example, SpringSource's reference implementation). I know that OpenEJB itself is OSGi-ready, but what about its Tomcat integration ?

I tried to experiment a little with Equinox + RFC66 + Tomcat 6, but got some issues with classloading, etc. which are pretty normal assuming that no integration efforts have been made.

Kindest Regards,
Krum.

Re: OpenEJB in Tomcat ... on OSGi ?

Posted by David Blevins <da...@gmail.com>.
On May 10, 2011, at 7:01 AM, Bakalsky, Krum wrote:

> Hi guys,
>
> Considering the OpenEJB/Tomcat integration subproject, I was wondering whether there have been some explorations for running this stack on top of OSGi ? I mean RFC66 specification for web container integration (with, for example, SpringSource's reference implementation). I know that OpenEJB itself is OSGi-ready, but what about its Tomcat integration ?
>
> I tried to experiment a little with Equinox + RFC66 + Tomcat 6, but got some issues with classloading, etc. which are pretty normal assuming that no integration efforts have been made.

Nothing in there currently, though an OSGi version would be cool.

-David