Posted to dev@openwhisk.apache.org by Chetan Mehrotra <ch...@gmail.com> on 2019/11/01 07:20:14 UTC

Re: Java 11 PR

Thanks Dan for getting JDK11 support done!!

Would we need to coordinate changes for downstream projects which use core
repo and move them to JDK11?
Or can it be done in phased manner where core repo can be built using both
JDK8 and JDK11 such that downstream project which are currently built using
JDK8 can still compile it and gradually switched to JDK11

And would standalone jar built using JDK11 can still be used with JDK8? As
class file version is still at 1.8 level it may be possible but would be
useful to confirm this prior to release core repo.

From runtime perspective I think G1GC (default with JDK 11) should be fine
for our usage and we need not tweak the default settings with switch to
JDK11

Chetan Mehrotra