Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by ch...@polytech.unice.fr on 2006/09/14 21:12:34 UTC

Portal deployment in Tomcat

Hi,

I'm wondering if it's possible to build a WAR from a custom portal, inside
which there is a context.xml for describing DB connections.
Because my co-workers, who worked with J1, told me they could deploy their
resulting WAR using Tomcat Manager's 2nd option for deployment (with only
1 file to provide - a WAR). AFAIK, they were using some sort of "torque"
file properties...

This is what I'm trying to achieve as well, so that we need not to pass 2
files from dev servers to prod ones, but only 1 instead.

For information, I'm using j2:portal.genapp, which in the end produces
/target/myportal.war and /target/portal-conf/tomcat/context.xml

Thanks,
Ludovic

Re: Portal deployment in Tomcat

Posted by ch...@polytech.unice.fr.

> consider yourself fortunate that you are not using Torque :)
> If you don't want to use the default method of connecting to a database
> (via the application server and jndi) simply override your spring
> configuration's datasource.xml, for example:
>
>      <bean id="JetspeedDS" class="org.apache.commons.dbcp.BasicDataSource"
>          destroy-method="close"
>          >
>                  <property
>                  <property
>          </bean>

I am trying your suggestion, however :
- if I keep the "class=..." you've pointed out, jetspeed fail to start
- if I take the
"class=org.apache.jetspeed.components.rdbms.ojb.ConnectionRepositoryEntry"
(comes from default one), jetspeed starts but can't display any of my
portlet-app that were inside its /WEB-INF/deploy... even if they have been
deployed. Here's the content of each portlet istead :
>> Failed to find Servlet context for Portlet Application: /rss

It looks like there's only 1 thing missing, I just don't know what...

Posted by David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>.