Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by HHB <hu...@yahoo.ca> on 2009/02/08 14:49:13 UTC

Why Wicket application contains maven-jetty-plugin?

Hey,
Why POM of a Wicket skeleton application contains maven-jetty-plugin?
Thanks.

Re: Why Wicket application contains maven-jetty-plugin?

Posted by Timo Rantalaiho <Ti...@ri.fi>.
On Sun, 08 Feb 2009, HHB wrote:
> Does maven-jetty-plugin getting used when we run Wicket tests (WicketTester),
> you know, integration tests?

No, WicketTester is for testing the component code in a more
unit-test like fashion [1], without running it in a
container.

But if you do some whitebox / functional / in-container
style tests with e.g. WebDriver (or Selenium), you can use
the Jetty plugin to start the application for running the
tests again it.

[1] Strictly speaking WicketTester tests aren't unit tests
because the use the file system and parse XML and are a bit
slower than "real" unit tests

but the difference doesn't usually matter until you have
hundreds or thousands of tests.

Best wishes,
Timo

--
Timo Rantalaiho
Reaktor Innovations Oy    <URL: http://www.ri.fi/ >

Re: Why Wicket application contains maven-jetty-plugin?

Posted by HHB <hu...@yahoo.ca>.

Posted by Timo Rantalaiho <Ti...@ri.fi>.