Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Reese <ho...@inkworkswell.com> on 2010/09/20 20:56:45 UTC

[users@httpd] Apache2 vhost config changed by host? Or SSL by another name...

We are running Apache2 v2.2.8 and Miva Merchant v5.5.x on a CentOS
v4.x VPS server. After our host swapped out the SSL certificate
recently, we have been experiencing an issue with our store crashing
on transition to HTTPS://. I have the below from tech support at Miva
Merchant:

>The non-secure virtual host information has this setup:
>
>SuexecUserGroup accountName accountName
>
>The secure virtual host information does not have this entry and I
>assume this is why I had to set the security settings to 777. Once I
>did this the secure portion of the store came up.

Since everything worked flawlessly before the cert was changed, how
likely is it that the new cert is somehow different and that it
caused this problem?

It took the host tech support several attempts to get the cert
installed correctly for everything other than the store. How likely
is it that when installing the new cert, the host inadvertently or
ignorantly altered the vhost configuration?

To identify the underlying cause of all of this, are there any other
possibilities that should be considered?

Reese

[users@httpd] Unanswered question, rephrased...

Posted by Reese <ho...@inkworkswell.com>.
I don't know whether my earlier post wasn't seen or else.

I've updated and rephrased, in hopes this might get addressed by
those more knowledgeable and experienced.