Posted to builds@apache.org by Mick Semb Wever <mc...@apache.org> on 2020/04/25 12:35:39 UTC

What's the git-websites equivalent for cloudbees (ci-cassandra.a.o)?

I'm trying to figure out how to git push, using the jenkins user, a
website build on ci-cassandra.apache.org.

The credentials for the jenkins user, IIUC, are normally provided by
the git-websites label (agent).

In Jenkins I see the jenkins (master pub key) credentials available.
But even selected the build won't push to gitbox.a.o

  fatal: could not read Username for 'https://gitbox.apache.org': No
such device or address
ref: https://ci-cassandra.apache.org/job/Cassandra%20Website/13/console

Is this new territory, worthy of an INFRA ticket?

regards,
Mick

Re: What's the git-websites equivalent for cloudbees (ci-cassandra.a.o)?

Posted by Mick Semb Wever <mc...@apache.org>.
> To update this situation, I have just created a new 'floating' agent that
> any of the Masters can attach to and use
> for website build & deploy. Use the 'git-websites' label as usual.

Brilliant!!

This is working already at
https://ci-cassandra.apache.org/job/cassandra-website/

Re: What's the git-websites equivalent for cloudbees (ci-cassandra.a.o)?

Posted by Gavin McDonald <ip...@gmail.com>.
Hi All,

To update this situation, I have just created a new 'floating' agent that
any of the Masters can attach to and use
for website build & deploy. Use the 'git-websites' label as usual. If the
agent is in use, your job will wait until the
master using it releases it again. (So no need to create a separate job on
builds.a.o)

This does not apply to builds.a.o

HTH

Gav...

--
Gav...

Re: What's the git-websites equivalent for cloudbees (ci-cassandra.a.o)?

Posted by Greg Stein <gs...@gmail.com>.