Posted to dev@ws.apache.org by Andreas Veithen <an...@gmail.com> on 2012/01/09 11:07:46 UTC

Re: Axis1 Documentation

http://ws.apache.org/wss4j/using.html has two links to documentation
that describes how to set up WSS4J with Axis 1.x. Is there something
missing in that documentation?

Andreas

Re: Axis1 Documentation

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.
On Tuesday, January 10, 2012 1:26:10 PM Daniel Christian Soria wrote:
> No. It is just a tutorial split in twice.

To answer the main question: support for Axis1 was completely dropped from
WSS4J 1.6 branch.   You MAY be able to grab the source code for the handlers
and stuff from the 1.5.x branch and port it to 1.6.x, but I'm not sure what
effort would be involved for that.

For use with Axis2, you'd need to ask with the Rampart folks on the Axis2
list.

For use with CXF, ask on the CXF list.

Dan

> On Mon, Jan 9, 2012 at 9:07 PM, Andreas Veithen
>
> <an...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > http://ws.apache.org/wss4j/using.html has two links to documentation
> > that describes how to set up WSS4J with Axis 1.x. Is there something
> > missing in that documentation?
> >
> > Andreas
> >
> > On Wed, Dec 21, 2011 at 23:00, Daniel Soria <da...@soriaitsolutions.com>
wrote:
> >> Hi Folks,
> >>
> >> I had to develop a soap client with security in a legacy project using
> >> Axis1 in a web environment, I used wssd4j 1.5.12 but I was really
> >> disappointed to noticed that the official release 1.6.4 has not
> >> documentation for Axis 1 or Axis 2.
> >>
> >> I want to collaborate to solve this situation. What is the procedure
> >> start writting documentation for this project? What handler replaced
> >> the
> >> WSDoAllSender handler and what parameter it needs to be used with Axis
> >> 1
> >> deployment descriptor?
> >>
> >> I am doing this because a Contractor in real life can not afford to
> >> use more than a couple of hours to develop a secured web service
> >> client and of course it is impossible without documentation.
> >>
> >> Cheers,
> >> Daniel

Daniel Kulp

Re: Axis1 Documentation