Posted to dev@apr.apache.org by Cliff Woolley <cl...@yahoo.com> on 2001/07/01 17:23:28 UTC

Re: cvs commit: apr/network_io/win32 sendrecv.c

On 1 Jul 2001 stoddard@apache.org wrote:

> stoddard    01/07/01 08:13:35
>
>   Modified:    network_io/win32 sendrecv.c
>   Log:
>   Back out this portion of Bill Rowe's large file support patch.  We
>   should not use the event handle in the apr_file_t to do overlapped
>   i/o on a socket. We either need to wait for io completion on the
>   socket or create a thread specific event handle.  This fixes the seg
>   fault we were seeing when serving a cached file on Windows.

Woohoooo!!!  Thanks, Bill!  So are we working on keepalive requests now,
too, dare I ask?

PS: Is there any way to get ab to compare the results of each request it
makes to verify that they're all the same and/or that they match a
reference copy of the requested document?  I realize this would slow down
ab quite a bit and therefore possibly underestimate the speed of the
server, but it'd be a useful option for testing things like this...

--Cliff

   Cliff Woolley
   cliffwoolley@yahoo.com
   Charlottesville, VA