Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Ross Gardler <rg...@opendirective.com> on 2011/12/13 12:59:06 UTC

Lost localisation files?

Michael Bauer said, in another thread:

> - As a matter of urgency, some simple download site where locales that got
> stuck when OO Pootle went down can get their po files.

Are these really lost or did we get them in the code transfer?

Note that the ASF now has  Pootle server and it would be good if we
could get these files visible again.

Ross

--
Ross Gardler (@rgardler)
Programme Leader (Open Development)

Re: Lost localisation files?

Posted by Ross Gardler <rg...@opendirective.com>.
Brilliant, thanks Martin.

Re: Lost localisation files?

Posted by Kazunari Hirano <kh...@gmail.com>.
Hi Martin,

Happy New Year!

On Wed, Dec 21, 2011 at 7:23 PM, Martin Hollmichel
<ma...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> sorry for not answering earlier, was on vacation last week,
>
> I will try to put the old pootle server online again within the next days,
> so at least the data shouldn't be lost, I keep you updated with the
> progress,

Is the old pootle server up and running yet?

Thanks,
khirano
--
khirano@apache.org
Apache OpenOffice (incubating)

Re: Lost localisation files?

Posted by Dave Fisher <da...@comcast.net>.
On Dec 21, 2011, at 2:23 AM, Martin Hollmichel wrote:

> Hi,
>
> sorry for not answering earlier, was on vacation last week,
>
> I will try to put the old pootle server online again within the next days, so at least the data shouldn't be lost, I keep you updated with the progress,

This is great!

In case you missed it, the ASF now has a Pootle server and I'm sure that there are several people on this list who would help port the data over.

We aren't dropping existing NLC sites on openoffice.org - see ooo-site.apache.org, we certainly want the full community to continue to make use of openoffice.org and as much of the infrastructure as possible.

Donations to the ASF support a significant investment in infrastructure. The ASF does pay for Infrastructure including employing individuals. You might want to adjust the messaging from TOO about "developers" not being paid by the ASF. The ASF does not pay developers to work on OpenSource Projects. It does pay for a few developers to work on Infrastructure. OOo has required significant infrastructure not formerly supported including MediaWiki and Pootle. The massive size of the OpenOffice.org website has brought improvements to the homegrown / markdown based Apache CMS.

Regards,
Dave

Re: Lost localisation files?

Posted by Martin Hollmichel <ma...@googlemail.com>.
Hi,

Re: Lost localisation files?

Posted by FR web forum <oo...@free.fr>.
Hello,

>De: "André Schnabel" <an...@gmx.net>
<snip>
>The best answer to the question if AOOi lost localization files would be
>"Good luck" :(

Maybe we could restart from LibO sources?

If AOO 3.4 must be available for 2012, the delay is very short.

Re: Lost localisation files?

Posted by André Schnabel <an...@gmx.net>.
Hi,

Re: Lost localisation files?

Posted by Uwe Altmann <oo...@altsys.de>.
Hi Rob, Khirano

Am 13.12.11 13:33, schrieb Rob Weir:
> ...Now it is possible that we're missing Pootle-specific files or
> databases for translation memory, etc.  If it wasn't checked into
> version control, then we probably don't have it.  But it looks like we
> have the actual translations.

In this case it could be a good idea to contact André Schnabel
(Andre.Schnabel@gmx.net) from LibreOffice because since the old OOo days
he is highly committed to these things and I'm sure he has copies of
those files somewhere.
--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen
Uwe Altmann

Re: Lost localisation files?

Posted by "Marcus (OOo)" <ma...@wtnet.de>.
Am 12/13/2011 01:33 PM, schrieb Rob Weir:
> On Tue, Dec 13, 2011 at 6:59 AM, Ross Gardler
> <rg...@opendirective.com>  wrote:
>> Michael Bauer said, in another thread:
>>
>>> - As a matter of urgency, some simple download site where locales that got
>>> stuck when OO Pootle went down can get their po files.
>>
>> Are these really lost or did we get them in the code transfer?
>>

> The localization files were stored in a separate Mercurial repository
> in the legacy project, not with the source code. When we migrated the
> source to Apache we put these into a the ooo/extras/i10n directory.
>
> You can see all the languages here:
>
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/ooo/trunk/extras/l10n/source/
>
> And in particular, Gaelic:
>
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/ooo/trunk/extras/l10n/source/ga/localize.sdf
>
> Now it is possible that we're missing Pootle-specific files or
> databases for translation memory, etc.  If it wasn't checked into
> version control, then we probably don't have it.  But it looks like we
> have the actual translations.

As an addition:

There is a SDF file available from the OOO340 codeline that represents
the 3.4 Beta codeline (therefore it's the very latest and greatest; this
codeline found its ways to the Apache SVN repository):

http://ftp5.gwdg.de/pub/openoffice/extended/ooomisc/sdf/diff/

http://ftp5.gwdg.de/pub/openoffice/extended/ooomisc/sdf/diff/OOO340_m0.sdf.bz2

So, if you are searching for the latest strings to translate and know
how to handle SDF files, then you have here the most recent information.

HTH

Marcus

Re: Lost localisation files?

Posted by Ross Gardler <rg...@opendirective.com>.
On 13 December 2011 12:33, Rob Weir <ro...@apache.org> wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 13, 2011 at 6:59 AM, Ross Gardler
> <rg...@opendirective.com> wrote:
>> Michael Bauer said, in another thread:
>>
>>> - As a matter of urgency, some simple download site where locales that got
>>> stuck when OO Pootle went down can get their po files.
>>
>> Are these really lost or did we get them in the code transfer?

> You can see all the languages here:
>
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/ooo/trunk/extras/l10n/source/

Excellent. So the current status is that we have the old files, we
have Pootle up and running and Khirano is seeking to get it configured
appropriately.

We seem to be moving in the right direction.

Thanks
Ross

Re: Lost localisation files?

Posted by Rob Weir <ro...@apache.org>.
<rg...@opendirective.com> wrote:
> Michael Bauer said, in another thread:
>
>> - As a matter of urgency, some simple download site where locales that got
>> stuck when OO Pootle went down can get their po files.
>
> Are these really lost or did we get them in the code transfer?

The localization files were stored in a separate Mercurial repository
in the legacy project, not with the source code. When we migrated the
source to Apache we put these into a the ooo/extras/i10n directory.

You can see all the languages here:

https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/ooo/trunk/extras/l10n/source/

And in particular, Gaelic:

https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/ooo/trunk/extras/l10n/source/ga/localize.sdf

Now it is possible that we're missing Pootle-specific files or
databases for translation memory, etc.  If it wasn't checked into
version control, then we probably don't have it.  But it looks like we
have the actual translations.

-Rob