Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Aayush <aa...@gmail.com> on 2010/08/12 06:17:15 UTC

how to make myself good at ofbiz

i am a student of engineering in computer science branch ....
i'v a decent knowledge of core java and servelet, JDBC and JSP ...
rite now m taking training under an employee of hot-wax media corp..
and im planning to make my major project in ofbiz itself ...
but m having a doubt that i wud be able to make sucessfull project on this
or not ??
m not doubting OFBiz ...rather m challanging myself ...
i'v time of around an year ...i'v a group of 5 people and of which only 2 of
us are taking training ...
but we wud be teaching the rest of them whatever is coming to us ...

rite now we'v understood how a request has to be traced ...so m able to
reach upto the desired code location ......but rite now we'r unable to
understand the services (business logics) ...we wud surely be working on
that ....we'v implemented the hello1, hello2 and hello3 applications
available on the tutorials available on net ....so now we know which package
containes which files and what are their purpose ...

so what do u think wud be a good idea to proceed further in the learning
process of ofbiz

and what wud be a good idea to make a project on ?????
 please rply sooon ......

Re: how to make myself good at ofbiz

Posted by Chirag Manocha <cm...@emforium.com>.
Hi Aayush,
For project selection :-
http://ofbiz.markmail.org/search/?q=Suggest%20Project%20topics#query:Suggest%20Project%20topics+page:1+mid:o2ubitr7m7mxud4u+state:results

HTH.

Regards
--
Chirag Manocha
Emforium Software Pvt. Ltd.

Its really great that you have chosen OFBiz as you major project for
training , and as you mentioned that you are getting training under hotwax
media corp. so , I would suggest you to go through the basic PRACTICE
APPLICATION and watch the video's of ofbiz that are available on
documentation page.

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OFBIZ/OFBiz+Tutorial+-+A+Beginners+Development+Guide

Regards
Ravindra Mandre

Posted by Ravindra Mandre <ra...@gmail.com>.
Hello Ayush ,

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OFBADMIN/OFBiz+Documentation+Index
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OFBIZ/OFBiz+Tutorial+-+A+Beginners+Development+Guide
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OFBADMIN/OFBiz+Related+Books
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OFBIZ/FAQ+-+Tips+-+Tricks+-+Cookbook+-+HowTo

Jacques

From: "Aayush" <aa...@gmail.com>

Re: CRM upgrade was how to make myself good at ofbiz

Posted by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>.
Good point about marketing. it and SFA are similar, in that they are
both marketing. some companies send out Mailers  then follow up with
phone canvasing. others do a email campaign then target those that
respond to the links. ofbiz now does not have a way to personalize links
to they can be tracked. maybe using the trackingnumber and partyID, but
I don't like using partyID. could use the contact Mech and make a new
type of electronic.

Jacques Le Roux sent the following on 8/13/2010 4:16 AM:

From: "BJ Freeman" <bj...@free-man.net>

Posted by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>.

Posted by Sam Hamilton <sa...@sh81.com>.
Hi Guys,

From: "BJ Freeman" <bj...@free-man.net>

Posted by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>.

From: "BJ Freeman" <bj...@free-man.net>

Posted by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>.

Posted by Anil Patel <an...@hotwaxmedia.com>.
Aaysuh,
Thanks for your interest in learning Ofbiz. Based on information you have provided I can guess you are located in Indore.

To help Ofbiz acceptance in developer community, We are open for collaboration with students and colleges. If you have time, please visit our Indore office to check possibilities of linking with one of the mentors for building your project or enrolling in student internship program.

Thanks and Regards
Anil Patel
HotWax Media Inc
Find us on the web at www.hotwaxmedia.com or Google Keyword "ofbiz"