Posted to user@mahout.apache.org by Si Chen <si...@opensourcestrategies.com> on 2014/10/22 02:26:08 UTC

using Mahout to classify customer service and sales emails?

Hi everybody,

Do you think Mahout could be used to classify a stream of customer
service/sales request emails, for example as "sales inquiry", "service
request", "return request", as well as "satisfied" vs "unsatisfied"?

We've worked on the first part -- building streams of customer emails and
communications -- and would like to partner with somebody to help us with
the classification part.

Thanks!

-----
Si Chen
Open Source Strategies, Inc.
twitter.com/opentaps

Work Smarter Naturally <http://youtu.be/6nMg15yWZyM> with opentaps CRM2
<http://www.opentaps.com>,
Now available for Android
<https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.opentaps.crm2client>,
iPad/iPhone <https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/opentaps-crm2/id899333198>,
Gmail
<https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/opentaps-crm2/apkbgpfokhbplllnjkndenaopihfiaop>

Re: using Mahout to classify customer service and sales emails?

Posted by Ted Dunning <te...@gmail.com>.
MapR classifiers are my error.

I meant Mahout classifiers.

(the problem is that I work for MapR and was probably distracted a bit
while replying)

Posted by Mahesh Balija <ba...@gmail.com>.
Hi Ted,

Posted by Ted Dunning <te...@gmail.com>.