Posted to photark-dev@incubator.apache.org by Umashanthi Pavalanathan <um...@gmail.com> on 2011/06/02 22:25:49 UTC

Re: Social API for PhotArk

Hi Henry,

On Tue, May 31, 2011 at 11:55 PM, Henry Saputra <he...@gmail.com>wrote:

> You can probably use  and extend MediaItems[1] and Album[2] data model
> from OpenSocial specs to associate PhotArk image to a person/user.

Good point! I will look into them. Thanks!

> As for implementation, you can use Apache Shindig[3] as the base for
> your REST endpoints. It also has support for JSON-RPC for easy access
> from JavaScript.

Yes we are planning to integrate with Shindig and had few discussions on
another thread.
I will discuss about this further in the mailing list when I am done with
the first few phases of the project implementation.

Thanks,
~Umashanthi

Re: Social API for PhotArk

Posted by Suhothayan Sriskandarajah <su...@gmail.com>.
On 28 June 2011 20:31, Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sat, Jun 25, 2011 at 1:00 PM, Henry Saputra <he...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > Luciano and PhotArk communities,
> >
> > I am proposing to use https://reviews.apache.org for our code review
> > since most of the code proposal for GSOC will be large so its hard to
> > do code review from raw patch.
> >
> > - Henry
> >

> I'm +0, it's useful and good to have a code review tool, but it
> shouldn't be mandatory.
> Part of the review (at least on my side) is apply the patch and see if
> things are working fine, then eclipse/git etc provide similar tools as
> well.

+1 for a review tools, this will always help to discuss and comment the
work. In my personal experience its easy to pin point the problems using
review tool and correct them, further this also reduces the effort and the
time of communication.

Regards
Suho

Re: Social API for PhotArk

Posted by Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com>.

Re: Social API for PhotArk

Posted by Avdhesh Yadav <av...@avdheshyadav.com>.
On Sun, Jun 26, 2011 at 1:30 AM, Henry Saputra <he...@gmail.com>wrote:

> Luciano and PhotArk communities,
>
> I am proposing to use https://reviews.apache.org for our code review
> since most of the code proposal for GSOC will be large so its hard to
> do code review from raw patch.

+1

Re: Social API for PhotArk

Posted by Henry Saputra <he...@gmail.com>.

Re: Social API for PhotArk

Posted by Umashanthi Pavalanathan <um...@gmail.com>.
Hi devs,

Re: Social API for PhotArk

Posted by Umashanthi Pavalanathan <um...@gmail.com>.
Hi devs,

Re: Social API for PhotArk

Posted by Umashanthi Pavalanathan <um...@gmail.com>.

Re: Social API for PhotArk

Posted by Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com>.

Re: Social API for PhotArk

Posted by Umashanthi Pavalanathan <um...@gmail.com>.
Hi devs,

I am in the process of adding persistence support to the social API using
JCR.
For that first we have to decide on the node structure. I have come up with
two options (please refer attached image).

In option-1, for each username, we have profile,activity,appdata,messages
child nodes.
In option-2, under nodes people,activity,appdata,messages, we have child
node for each user.

Referring to the two options, which is more suitable in your opinion?

Thanks,
~Umashanthi

On Fri, Jun 3, 2011 at 3:55 AM, Umashanthi Pavalanathan <