Posted to user@karaf.apache.org by Michael Täschner <m....@gmail.com> on 2013/07/24 10:24:05 UTC

Spring/3.2.3.RELEASE feature from karaf standard features

Hi,

I am trying to install camel-cxf feature in plain Karaf 2.3.2 container via
camel feature repository. This results in error:
>> Error executing command: URL
[mvn:org.springframework/org.springframework.core/3.2.3.RELEASE] could not
be resolved.

I looked at the spring repositories and see the artifacts are rather
located under: mvn:org.springframework/spring-core/3.2.3.RELEASE (using
repos declared by spring: "
http://maven.springframework.org/release/org/springframework/" , "
http://repo.springsource.org/release/org/springframework/"). Strangely
enough the Spring Enterprise Bundle Repository (EBR) uses the
"org.springframework.core" notation as declared in the karaf feature but
the repository where it is hosted is not accessible currently: "
http://repository.springsource.com/maven/bundles/release"

So my questions are:
- the spring/3.0.7 and spring/3.1.4 use the org.springframework/spring-core
notation and bundles can be resolved. Is it a bug that for spring/3.2.3 the
org.springframework/org.springframework.core notation is used ?
- camel requires camel-spring feature which requires bundle spring with
version="[3.1,3.3)" - why does the same error message as above occur if I
install spring/3.1.4.RELEASE via karaf console before trying to install
camel-cxf again ?

Thanks and Regards,
Michael

Re: Spring/3.2.3.RELEASE feature from karaf standard features

Posted by Minto van der Sluis <mi...@xup.nl>.
Hi,

Have a look at https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/KARAF-2430

Regards,

Minto

Op 8-8-2013 16:30, vetalok schreef:
> Guys, any ideas how to fix that?
> I just need to download spring feature from maven repo.
> The issue is that karaf 2.3.2 tries to download "org.springframework.core"
> artifact but fails, it should download "spring-core" artifact as karaf 2.2.7
> does. In maven repo only "spring-core" exist
> (http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/springframework/spring-core/). Any ideas
> why Karaf 2.3.2 has unexisted "org.springframework.core" dependency instead
> of existing "spring-core" dependency? Maybe another repository (not maven
> standard) should be used? The version is written
> here:http://central.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/karaf/assemblies/features/standard/2.3.2/standard-2.3.2-features.xml

ir. ing. Minto van der Sluis
Software innovator / renovator
Xup BV

Mobiel: +31 (0) 626 014541

Re: Spring/3.2.3.RELEASE feature from karaf standard features

Posted by Michael Täschner <m....@gmail.com>.
Well, spring feature requirement is version="[3.1,3.3)" and I have
spring/3.1.4.RELEASE from karaf standard features installed. This is why I
did not expect the camel-cxf feature to fail because spring/3.2.3 feature
cannot be installed.

Regards,
Michael

Posted by Achim Nierbeck <bc...@googlemail.com>.