Posted to user@crunch.apache.org by Som Satpathy <so...@gmail.com> on 2013/12/16 20:14:08 UTC

Crunch user guide

Hi Josh/all,

It's been a couple of months since my team started using Crunch for our
mapreduce. It has been a great tool, simplifying may problems and
increasing productivity. I personally found it quicker to pick up than
cascading, which I think has a steeper learning curve. My main sources of
learning crunch so far have been the javadocs, crunch user-list, crunch
source code, crunch-examples and some online articles explaining how crunch
works. One place where I found crunch lagging is the need for a user guide
or how-to documentations, something on the lines of cascading user-guides,
which I would say has been really useful for its user-base. Is such a
user-guide coming up soon? That will be of great help for the crunch user
community.

Thanks,
Som

Re: Crunch user guide

Posted by Jeremy Lewi <je...@lewi.us>.
This is a huge help thanks.

Re: Crunch user guide

Posted by Josh Wills <jw...@cloudera.com>.
On Tue, Jan 14, 2014 at 11:07 AM, Jay Vyas <ja...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks josh.  just breifly : is it sifgnificantly different than the
> crunch tutorials on the main website?

Yes, it largely replaces them.

--
Director of Data Science
Cloudera <http://www.cloudera.com>

Re: Crunch user guide

Posted by Jay Vyas <ja...@gmail.com>.

Re: Crunch user guide

Posted by Josh Wills <jw...@cloudera.com>.
Thanks guys! Just pushed a few more formatting and content fixes.

Re: Crunch user guide

Posted by Som Satpathy <so...@gmail.com>.

Re: Crunch user guide

Posted by Gabriel Reid <ga...@gmail.com>.