Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Marty Lively <li...@gmail.com> on 2013/05/30 19:17:23 UTC

New contributor

Hello all. I'm interested in contributing in technical writing, editing and
documentation.

I have a BSCS, CCNA and some comptia certs. Looking forward to working with
you all. -Marty

Re: New contributor

Posted by Kay Schenk <ka...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, May 31, 2013 at 2:29 AM, Regina Henschel <rb...@t-online.de>wrote:

> Hi Marty,
>
> you are welcome.
>
> Your mail has been moderated, so I put you in CC. Please subscribe to the
> list to not miss any answers.
>
> Marty Lively schrieb:
>
>  Hello all. I'm interested in contributing in technical writing, editing
>> and
>> documentation.
>>
>> I have a BSCS, CCNA and some comptia certs. Looking forward to working
>> with
>> you all.
>>

> We have collected some newcomer information in
> https://openoffice.apache.org/**get-involved.html<https://openoffice.apache.org/get-involved.html>
>
> If you want to start immediately, here a suggestion: The upcoming release
> of AOO4.0 has the new functions AVERAGEIFS, COUNTIFS, SUMIFS, XOR. As you
> can see here
> http://wiki.openoffice.org/**wiki/Documentation/How_Tos/**
> Calc:_Functions_listed_**alphabetically<http://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/How_Tos/Calc:_Functions_listed_alphabetically>
> the descriptions are missing.
>
> If you do not have already a Wiki account, you should create one. As far
> as I know, there is some time to wait, until you can write, because of
> blocking spam. If it doesn't work for you, ask on this list.
>
> In the bundled help the texts are missing too. But therefore you have to
> directly work on the code. Do you want to work in that area?
>
> Besides that, there is special list for documentation. Please subscribe
> there too.
>
> Kind regards
> Regina

Marty,

Another welcome!

This is a great suggestion by Regina. If you would like to work on the wiki
to add these function descriptions, and possibly some examples of their
use, the descriptions of what they do is available from the OASIS site:

docs.oasis-open.org/office/v1.2/os/OpenDocument-v1.2-os-part2.html

The list of functions on the wiki can be found at:

http://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/How_Tos/Calc:_Functions_listed_by_category

MzK

"You can't believe one thing and do another.
 What you believe and what you do are the same thing."
                             -- Leonard Peltier

Re: New contributor

Posted by Regina Henschel <rb...@t-online.de>.
Hi Marty,