Posted to dev@struts.apache.org by Apache Wiki <wi...@apache.org> on 2005/08/09 00:51:12 UTC

[Struts Wiki] Update of "StrutsStupidUriTricks" by TedHusted

Dear Wiki user,

The following page has been changed by TedHusted:
http://wiki.apache.org/struts/StrutsStupidUriTricks

The comment on the change is:
Create FAQ from #35477 submitted by Rainer Podlas

New page:
= Why is the URI in my form tags truncated? =

In the JSP template, we've specified

* <html:form action="/input.do">

and in the struts-config.xml, we've specified

* <action type="MyAction" path="/input" name="myform" parameter="301" scope="session"/>

If the page is accessed using a URI like

* http://localhost:9080/myApp/home

when the page renders, the html source contains only the application name

* <form action="/myApp">.

As a result, the form is not submitted to the proper URI or ActionMapping.

struts version - 1.1
environment- wsad 5.0

Here are two things you can try,

* First, specify the ActionMapping in the html:form tag, not the URI form with the extension. Using the URI extension with the form tag has been deprecated since Struts 0.5.

* Second, check whether there is a leading slahs specified by the servlet mapping in the web.xml deployment descriptor. Usually you will want to specify

** <url-pattern>*.do</url-pattern>

without a leading slash.

(Submitted by Rainer Podlas)