Posted to httpclient-users@hc.apache.org by Fabrice Delhoste <fa...@delhoste.com> on 2010/03/17 11:13:48 UTC

1 download to N uploads

Hi,

I'd like to know what could be the best approach -or points me to
discussion/topics- to make kind of proxy downloading from a site (ex: photo)
and broadcasting/uploading the data to multiple target sites. I think it has
to deal with content listeners and chunks. And if I want it to be efficient,
it should minimize the memory footprint to do that, so I am not sure about
the buffering policy I might use.
Actually, I am already using HttpCore NIO to build a custom proxy (reusing
asynchttpclient trunk...).

Thanks,
Fabrice

Re: 1 download to N uploads

Posted by Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>.
Fabrice Delhoste wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'd like to know what could be the best approach -or points me to
> discussion/topics- to make kind of proxy downloading from a site (ex: photo)
> and broadcasting/uploading the data to multiple target sites. I think it has
> to deal with content listeners and chunks. And if I want it to be efficient,
> it should minimize the memory footprint to do that, so I am not sure about
> the buffering policy I might use.
> Actually, I am already using HttpCore NIO to build a custom proxy (reusing
> asynchttpclient trunk...).
>
> Thanks,
> Fabrice

Fabrice

What you are describing looks somewhat similar to the architecture of a
peer to peer file sharing application such as Limewire.

Limewire is a commercial product and but its source code is open. It
also uses HttpCore & HttpClient internally, so it should be possible to
port some of Limewire's design ideas to your application.

Cheers

Oleg