Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by Garfield071 <de...@videotron.ca> on 2008/03/28 13:45:14 UTC

How the TCP traffic works

I am brand new on ActvieMQ.

I am wondering how the resolution of the clients IP adress is done by the
broker. Do I have to assign a URL to each client and define it in a DNS ?

How the client is wake up when a new message. I know that the client have to
use an API but what is in this API. Is this a loop that check in the queue
on a regular basis or is this a trigger based on an IP message ?.

Do someone know a book or web document that provide deep detail on ActiveMQ.

Thanks

Re: How the TCP traffic works

Posted by Rob Davies <ra...@gmail.com>.
On 28 Mar 2008, at 12:45, Garfield071 wrote:

> I am brand new on ActvieMQ.
>
> I am wondering how the resolution of the clients IP adress is done
> by the
> broker. Do I have to assign a URL to each client and define it in a
> DNS ?
>
> How the client is wake up when a new message. I know that the client
> have to
> use an API but what is in this API. Is this a loop that check in the
> queue
> on a regular basis or is this a trigger based on an IP message ?.
>
> Do someone know a book or web document that provide deep detail on
> ActiveMQ.
>
> Thanks

Sun has a good introduction to JMS - http://java.sun.com/developer/technicalArticles/Ecommerce/jms/
That's probably a good place to start reading - then have a look at
activemq examples - http://activemq.apache.org/examples.html

cheers,

Rob