Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Rohit <ro...@in-rev.com> on 2011/09/02 08:15:21 UTC

Solr Hangs

Hi All,

I am using Solr 3.0 and have 4 cores build into it with the following
statistics,

Core1 : numDocs : 69402640    maxDoc : 69404745

Core2 : numDocs : 5669231      maxDoc : 5808496

Core3 : numDocs : 6654951      maxDoc : 6654954

Core4: numDocs : 138872          maxDoc : 185723

The number of updates are very high into 2 of the cores, solr is running in
tomcat with the following JAVA_OPTS values "-Xms2g -Xmx16g
-XX:MaxPermSize=3072m -D64" .

When Solr hangs and I try to restart it I am getting the following error,
which does indicate that it's a memory problem, but how can overcome the
problem of hanging.

Rohit

Mobile: +91-9901768202

About Me:  <http://about.me/rohitg> http://about.me/rohitg

Re: Solr Hangs

Posted by "Govind @ Gmail" <go...@gmail.com>.
Rohit - for debugging hangs you will can trigger platfom specific dump and analyze it.

RE: Solr Hangs

Re: Solr Hangs

Posted by simon <mt...@gmail.com>.