Posted to jetspeed-dev@portals.apache.org by Randy Watler <rw...@finali.com> on 2004/11/21 05:07:40 UTC

Decorators/Templates

Dev Team,

After putting a bit more time into security to finish it off for now and
implementing cascading document sets, I am going to take a pass at refining
the decorators and related templates implementation. While the latest
upgrade to Tigris is awesome, I think there are some additional things that
could use some attention before M1. Here are some things on the plate
already:

- Make decorators fully deployable.
- Allow for some form of branding so that color scheme and/or graphic
elements can be varied easily against a common decorator base.
- Add a decorator implementation with cascading pull down DHTML menus for
navigation in place of the left menu pane.
- Some documentation and/or refactoring to clarify usage for those not
familar with the internals of J2, (like the profiled page context).

I am only in the early stages of this and am trying to organize and
prioritize what this effort might encompass. If you have anything releated
to the decorators that you think needs my or other's attention, please
comment on this thread! I'd like to get as much community input as possible
before I dig in to maximize the value of my work.

I am hoping to get started on this mid next week. Thanks in advance,

Randy