Posted to user@pig.apache.org by Corbin Hoenes <co...@tynt.com> on 2011/05/13 21:36:52 UTC

release notes?

Is there a change log for the 0.8.1 release?
release notes.txt just mentions "bug fixes"

Re: release notes?

Posted by Dmitriy Ryaboy <dv...@gmail.com>.
Released 0.8.1

INCOMPATIBLE CHANGES

pig-1936: documentation update (chandec via olgan)

PIG-1680: HBaseStorage should work with HBase 0.90 (gstathis,
billgraham, dvryaboy, tlipcon via dvryaboy)

IMPROVEMENTS

PIG-1830: Type mismatch error in key from map, when doing GROUP on
PigStorageSchema() variable (dvryaboy)

PIG-1886: Add zookeeper jar to list of jars shipped when HBaseStorage
used (dvryaboy)

BUG FIXES

PIG-2067: FilterLogicExpressionSimplifier removed some branches in
some cases (daijy)

PIG-2033: Pig returns sucess for the failed Pig script (rding)

PIG-1870: HBaseStorage doesn't project correctly (dvryaboy)

PIG-1979: New logical plan failing with ERROR 2229: Couldn't find
matching uid -1 (daijy)

PIG-1977: "Stream closed" error while reading Pig temp files (results
of intermediate jobs) (rding)

PIG-1911: Infinite loop with accumulator function in nested foreach (thejas)

PIG-1964: PigStorageSchema fails if a column value is null (thejas)

PIG-1963: in nested foreach, accumutive udf taking input from order-by
does not get results in order (thejas)

PIG-1993: PigStorageSchema throw NPE with ColumnPruning (daijy)

PIG-1935: New logical plan: Should not push up filter in front of
Bincond (daijy)

PIG-1861: The pig script stored in the Hadoop History logs is stored
as a concatenated string without whitespace this causes problems when
attempting to extract and execute the script (rding)

PIG-1912: non-deterministic output when a file is loaded multiple times (daijy)

PIG-1892: Bug in new logical plan : No output generated even though there are
valid records (daijy)

PIG-1808: Error message in 0.8 not much helpful as compared to 0.7 (daijy)

PIG-1770: matches clause problem with chars that have special meaning
in dk.brics - #, @ .. (thejas)

PIG-1884: Change ReadToEndLoader.setLocation not throw
UnsupportedOperationException (thejas)

PIG-1858: UDF in nested plan results frontend exception (daijy)

PIG-1862: Pig returns exit code 0 for the failed Pig script due to
non-existing input directory (rding)

PIG-1850: Order by is failing with ClassCastException if schema is undefined
for new logical plan in 0.8 (daijy)

PIG-1831: Indeterministic behavior in local mode due to static
variable PigMapReduce.sJobConf (daijy)

PIG-1841: TupleSize implemented incorrectly (laukik via daijy)

PIG-1843: NPE in schema generation (daijy)

PIG-1820: New logical plan: FilterLogicExpressionSimplifier fail to
deal with UDF (daijy)

PIG-1854: Pig returns exit code 0 for the failed Pig script (rding)

PIG-1812: Problem with DID_NOT_FIND_LOAD_ONLY_MAP_PLAN (daijy)

PIG-1813: Pig 0.8 throws ERROR 1075 while trying to refer a map in the
result of eval udf.Works with 0.7 (daijy)

PIG-1776: changing statement corresponding to alias after explain , then
  doing dump gives incorrect result (thejas)

PIG-1800: Missing Signature for maven staging release (rding)

PIG-1815: pig task retains used instances of PhysicalPlan (thejas)

PIG-1785: New logical plan: uid conflict in flattened fields (daijy)

PIG-1787: Error in logical plan generated (daijy)

PIG-1791: System property mapred.output.compress, but
pig-cluster-hadoop-site.xml doesn't (daijy)

PIG-1771: New logical plan: Merge schema fail if LoadFunc.getSchema
return different schema with "Load...AS" (daijy)

PIG-1766: New logical plan: ImplicitSplitInserter should before
DuplicateForEachColumnRewrite (daijy)

PIG-1762: Logical simplification fails on map key referenced values (yanz)

PIG-1761: New logical plan: Exception when bag dereference in the
middle of expression (daijy)

PIG-1760: Need to report progress in all databags (rding)

Re: release notes?

Posted by Daniel Dai <ji...@yahoo-inc.com>.
You can:

Re: release notes?

Posted by Mark Laczin <ma...@gmail.com>.
I will note that the notes themselves don't contain much.

Re: release notes?

Posted by Mark Laczin <ma...@gmail.com>.