Posted to user@guacamole.apache.org by mdbarber <md...@aol.com> on 2018/05/01 08:08:29 UTC

Re: 1 tiny thing

ah ok, sorry for being a bit thick,  I took Jeffreys answer to mean the
full install is "the libs are ./libs, the executable is moved to the
./sbin,  the config files are in /etc/guac" and of course the war file
in tomcat.
My fault as i asked where the "server" should be installed to, but i
meant the server software directory,  assuming it is still required and
if so is there (maybe for permissions reasons) a proscribed placement of
the remaining directory
(if it's only the re-configure files maybe i can just delete it)
regards
mdb

Mike Jumper wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 30, 2018 at 4:43 PM, mdbarber <mdbuk@aol.com
> <ma...@aol.com>> wrote:
>
>     ah ok thanks for that, had assumed (due to install leaving the
>     directory insitu) that the original tar folder was still required
>
>     thanks for that, coming from an MS background had assumed the
>     guacd service would be centered around a specific executable
>

> It is, but the location of that executable is not hard-coded. The
> location of the executable is substituted into the init script as part
> of the build process.
>
> - Mike

---