Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Danny <ap...@signatureadvertising.com> on 2002/05/24 16:11:59 UTC

php with apache

I have a form.html page that looks like this:

<form action="action.php" method="post">
Your name: <input type="text" name="name">
Your age: <input type="text" name="age">
<input type="submit">
</form>

And an associated action.php page that looks like this:

Hi <?php echo $name; ?>.
You are <?php echo $age; ?> years old.

(this is from the php intro tutorial)
But, when I enter data and click submit from the form.html page, I get this:

Hi
Notice: Undefined variable: name in
c:\apache1.3.24\apache\htdocs\action.php on line 1
. You are
Notice: Undefined variable: age in
c:\apache1.3.24\apache\htdocs\action.php on line 2
years old

some other php pages are working on my Windows98/php enabled Apache
1.3.24 server.  does anyone know what the problem here is?   thanks
--
Daniel Swink
IT Manager

Size of a minimum Apache build...

Posted by "mail.earthlink.net" <be...@earthlink.net>.
Hi....

I'm interested in using Apache. However, the Apache 2 download that I have
on my Windows 2000 is ~14-16M in size (Task Manager). The actual Apache.exe
in the bin folder is only 20K so I know it's adding alot of external
libs....

Can anyone tell me how large a minimum, stripped down Apache would be??? IIS
(inetinfo) is only ~8M. I'd hoped that Apache would be in the same area...

Thanks

Bruce Douglas
bedouglas@earthlink.net

RE: php with apache