Posted to ivy-user@ant.apache.org by Felix Drueke <fd...@orga-systems.com> on 2011/01/26 15:35:02 UTC

ivy resolver for perforce

Hi,

I just found the ivy subversion resolver at http://code.google.com/p/ivysvn/ .
Does a similar resolver exist for perforce already?
Does anyone work on that?

We're evaluating the use of ivy for our company and we use Perforce as our SCM.
Instead of setting up a Repository manager like Nexus or Artifactory we're
thinking about storing all artifacts in perforce.
Are there ways to store them there (and retrieve them from there) other than
via a ivy perforce resolver?

Thanks for any thoughts and comments!

Best regards,
Felix

The information included in this e-mail and any files transmitted with it is strictly confidential and may be privileged or otherwise protected from disclosure. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately by e-mail and delete this e-mail as well as any attachment from your system. If you are not the intended recipient you are not authorized to use and/or copy this message and/or attachment and/or disclose the contents to any other person.

Re: Weird dependency resolution errors when resolving maven deps

Posted by Maarten Coene <ma...@yahoo.com>.
Hi James,

If I'm not mistaken, exclusions in pom.xml are supported since ivy 2.1.0.
Could you try to upgrade to latest ivy version?

Maarten

RE: ivy resolver for perforce

Posted by "Holmes, Daniel" <Da...@netapp.com>.
Was only meant for retrieving.  We have written our own ant tasks that
'publish' via perforce command line utilities rather than using ivy
publishing tasks.

Daniel

Posted by Jonathan Williams <sp...@gmail.com>.
P4Web would work. Our exact implementation is to use mirrors to defer load
from the Perforce server (large organisation) and improve performance for
remote offices. The mirrors stay in sync and simply make the directory
available with httpd.

Ivy settings, just use a URL resolver pointed at the root of the ivy repo on
the share. Daniel had a good example of that in his email.

In terms of publishing, we are not yet sharing publishing to the shared
repository. I created a space in our project for jars created by our build
system to be published to - but should we decide to, it would be a simple
matter of configuring httpd to allow it.

Posted by Felix Drueke <fd...@orga-systems.com>.

Posted by Felix Drueke <fd...@orga-systems.com>.
Hi Jonathan,

Posted by Jonathan Williams <sp...@gmail.com>.
Hi Felix,

Posted by Felix Drueke <fd...@orga-systems.com>.
After experimenting with p4web (for retrieving) and p4ftp (for publishing) I'm
not very convinced that this method suits our needs (publishing and retrieving
on different platforms and different geographical locations).

I'm thinking about giving it a try and write a ivyp4resolver.
So far I found only the svn-resolver for example-code.
Can anyone point me to other sources that might be worth looking at?

Felix