Posted to dev@archiva.apache.org by Chris Graham <ch...@gmail.com> on 2013/03/05 02:19:19 UTC

Issues with #1193 (M4-SNAPSHOT)

Hey All.

Whilst fresh, I thought that I'd drop a list of issues/things I'd noticed.

1. The login page. Remember Me does not appear to work.

2. Click on Roles. You get to see the Roles Management page. This data is
good. Click on the Edit link, and the result is empty.

3. Click on Roles. Click on the Edit button for one of the roles. The list
of users assigned that role is blank (and incorrect).

4. Not sure on this one, but the initial response to a login can take an
aweful long time. Not sure if this is a caching issue.

-Chris

Re: Issues with #1193 (M4-SNAPSHOT)

Posted by Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org>.
2013/3/5 Chris Graham <ch...@gmail.com>:
> Hey All.
>
> Whilst fresh, I thought that I'd drop a list of issues/things I'd noticed.
>
> 1. The login page. Remember Me does not appear to work.
Are you using localhost hostname ? I noticed issue too with localhost
(but didn't investigate more my bad) BTW that work fine with real
hostname.

> 2. Click on Roles. You get to see the Roles Management page. This data is
> good. Click on the Edit link, and the result is empty.
Nothing in logs and/or in javascript console ?

> 3. Click on Roles. Click on the Edit button for one of the roles. The list
> of users assigned that role is blank (and incorrect).
>
> 4. Not sure on this one, but the initial response to a login can take an
> aweful long time. Not sure if this is a caching issue.
can be as we do some caching (but must not be so so long).

BTW thanks to be an early tester of trunk :-).
NOTE: I'm doing some changes. So to avoid any issues before restarting
with a new deployed version. Take to change the value of a flag in
archiva.xml file.
http://archiva.apache.org/ref/1.4-M4-SNAPSHOT/archiva-base/archiva-configuration/configuration.html#class_redbackRuntimeConfiguration

ensure to have:
<migratedFromRedbackConfiguration>false</migratedFromRedbackConfiguration>

--
Olivier Lamy
Talend: http://coders.talend.com