Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by kloomis <kl...@it-resources.com> on 2006/08/23 19:29:14 UTC

[users@httpd] Secure or not?

Hello:

On my secure site the php code print "Port:".$_SERVER['SERVER_PORT']);
prints port:80 when accessing the site with https://  The little padlock is
showing at the bottom of the page and the router is set to send 443 to the
server.

In httpd.conf I have:

NameVirtualHost *:80
NameVirtualHost *:443

and

<VirtualHost *:443>
     ServerAdmin webAdmin@example.com
     DocumentRoot /var/www/html/sgimis
     ServerName sgimis.example.com
     ErrorLog logs/itr_sgimis-error_log
     CustomLog logs/itr_sgimis-access_log common
</VirtualHost>

along with a bunch of *:80 VirtuaHosts

When accessing the site users have to go thru the usual certificate
acceptance ceremony.

Also the code
if ($_SERVER['HTTPS'] !== 'on') {
    die("This site is accessible only through a secure connection.");
  }

will prevent access to the site.  So it seems that I'm not using SSL even
tho I'm getting a cert and a padlock.

Can anyone suggest an avenue to approach this?

Thanks,

Ken

Re: [users@httpd] Secure or not?

Posted by kloomis <kl...@it-resources.com>.
At 07:37 PM 8/23/2006 +0200, you wrote:
>remove :*80 ?
>or forward to 443

Thanks for your reply.

There is no VH for this ServerName at :*80.  You can't get in with http.
(There are other VHs at port 80.)  The https is getting handled by the VH
at :*443, but the header says it's port 80?

Ken

Re: [users@httpd] Secure or not?

Posted by herauthon <he...@home.nl>.
remove :*80 ?