Posted to dev@cordova.apache.org by Jan Velecký <VV...@seznam.cz> on 2014/07/09 20:40:58 UTC

CordovaPlugin intialized immediately

Dear devs,
I think, there can be a new kind of CordovaPlugin with one huge difference.
This kind of Plugin should start immediately after application start. This
has benefits in these situation for example:

   * It could be plugin with no Javascript controlling because plugins can
   be also controlled by config preferences (application analytics software
   or ad site, where can be enough dev id)
   * It could be plugin with no any controlling (processing hooks to plugin
   in some way to modify or extend Cordova default behaviour)
   * It could be plugin, which need some time to initialize itself and user
   want this plugin ready promptly when he will need it

I have two ideas to get it:

1.) <using> tag (or some other word) for plugin, which need start
immediately after application start.

2.) Add to <feature> tag "startPromptly" boolean value (or some other word).
Ideally this could been this parameter passed into constructor of plugin and
plugin can do different things in case it starts promptly or it starts
later.

Nice day,

Jan Velecký.

Re: CordovaPlugin intialized immediately

Posted by Shazron <sh...@gmail.com>.
It is still there, but in the Platform specific Plugin Guide:
http://cordova.apache.org/docs/en/edge/guide_platforms_android_plugin.md.html#Android%20Plugins

Posted by Shazron <sh...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Anis KADRI <an...@gmail.com>.