Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Chris Collins <ch...@me.com> on 2011/12/02 21:52:49 UTC

Prototype and jQuery question

Sorry if this is not completely a Tapestry question.

tapestry-jquery
How have people found transitioning to tapestry-jquery?  Does it completely replace prototype with jQuery and still maintain all the goodness of the existing tapestry base.  Or put another way if I had an existing application written with T5 and now I incorporated tapestry-jquery are there things that are going to stop working?

jquery and prototype living together in perfect harmony
I am working on a project where I am looking at a number of open source javascript libraries.  Some depend on jQuery and some depend on prototype. I apologize for my ignorance here but it seems the fundamental issue is one of namespace primarily around "$".  I know you can run jQuery in compatible mode but wouldn't this mean that any js library I used that depended on jQuery would need to be hacked up carefully to substitute all $() with jQuery(…)?  How do people normally manage this?  Do you just get religious and say "we are a jQuery shop" or "we are a prototype shop"?

Best