Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Eric B <er...@mritalian.dyndns.com> on 2000/02/18 00:27:02 UTC

Important ASP question

Whenever an ASP script craps out, I get a dump of the script on the web
browser.  That's great for debugging.  However, if a script craps out for
someone else, I don't want them to see my source code.   Any ideas how I can
do this?

thanks

Eric

Re: Important ASP question

Posted by Joshua Chamas <jo...@chamas.com>.
Eric B wrote:

> Whenever an ASP script craps out, I get a dump of the script on the web
> browser.  That's great for debugging.  However, if a script craps out for
> someone else, I don't want them to see my source code.   Any ideas how I can
> do this?

Debug 2 is for this developer "crap out" ;)  Just set Debug to
1 or 0, and a normal server error will be generated in these cases.

Be sure to go over all your config options before going live
and know exactly what you are setting and why you are setting
them.  The docs for the configs are at:

  http://www.nodeworks.com/asp/config.html

Also, just a pleasant reminder, make sure your includes
and StateDir and not browsable from the web, as apparently
not everyone thinks to secure these things, and has become
quite a security scandal recently with poor web site
administration in general.

-- Joshua
Joshua Chamas			        Chamas Enterprises Inc.
NodeWorks >> free web link monitoring	Huntington Beach, CA  USA