Posted to commits@myfaces.apache.org by Apache Wiki <wi...@apache.org> on 2008/08/13 15:55:41 UTC

[Myfaces Wiki] Update of "Hibernate And MyFaces" by LuisParravicini

Dear Wiki user,

You have subscribed to a wiki page or wiki category on "Myfaces Wiki" for change notification.

The following page has been changed by LuisParravicini:
http://wiki.apache.org/myfaces/Hibernate_And_MyFaces

The comment on the change is:
corrected typos and style

  or the other (in a normal or error condition) the session has to be closed/pushed back into the recycle me state.
  There are various ways to achieve this behavior. All which is needed, is a clearly defined, beginning of the cycle ending of the cycle conjunction point.
  The main problem is, that the JSF API at the first sight does not define such things. But in fact it does, but on a level where you do not expect it.
- But we will try to cover it from another angle first
+ But we will try to cover it from another angle first.

  === One Session per Request via Servlet Filters ===

  The most basic way is, to start the whole integration on a servlet level. Servlets know the servlet filter mechanisms. Which is a filter chain
- pattern excactly triggered at the request levels we already need (beginning of request, end of request, one way or the other.
+ pattern exactly triggered at the request levels we already need (beginning of request, end of request, one way or the other.
  Therefore the whole session open/close mechanism can be and often is done via the usage of servlet filters.

  So basically, this is a common way, to do it, there must be an implementation of such a thing already existing out there?
@@ -147, +147 @@

  At the time of writing this, the JSF-Spring project should be seriously considered over the spring internal JSF bindings, it is much better and much more extensive.

- Once both APIs are integrated MyFaces beans can be used from Spring and vice versa. Automated access to the Spring ApplicationContext can be gained, by defining beans which implement the ApplicationContextAware interface (probably they have to be defined them as spring beans) and /or you can use the DAO base classes of spring can be used to inherit the dao functionality in the jsf apps DAOs.
+ Once both APIs are integrated MyFaces beans can be used from Spring and vice versa. Automated access to the Spring ApplicationContext can be gained, by defining beans which implement the ApplicationContextAware interface (probably they have to be defined as spring beans) and /or you can use the DAO base classes of spring to inherit the dao functionality in the jsf apps DAOs.

  === Automated transaction handling ===
@@ -204, +204 @@

  }}}

  puts an automated transactional mechanism over a businessObject object, all methods beginning with transactional_ are automatically
- put under transactional scope. Spring gives from its core api even a much finer granularisation, but this approach can be recommended
+ put under transactional scope. Spring gives from its core api even a much finer granularization, but this approach can be recommended
- as replacment for the missing annotation support if there is no ultimate emphasise on calling speed.
+ as replacement for the missing annotation support if there is no ultimate emphasise on calling speed.

  == Special Controls Data prodviding classes ==