Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Tysnes Are Thobias <ar...@edb.com> on 2005/05/13 12:53:58 UTC

Custom (De)Serializer - NoSuchMethodException (Debug information)

Hello!

Found this in my JBoss server log:
(We are using Castor as (De)Serializer)

2005-05-13 12:33:26,168 DEBUG
[org.apache.axis.encoding.ser.BaseSerializerFactory] Exception:
java.lang.NoSuchMethodException:
org.apache.axis.encoding.ser.castor.CastorSerializerFactory.create(java.
lang.Class, javax.xml.namespace.QName)
	at java.lang.Class.getMethod0(Class.java:1756)
	at java.lang.Class.getMethod(Class.java:963)
	at
org.apache.axis.encoding.ser.BaseSerializerFactory.createFactory(BaseSer
ializerFactory.java:234)

This is Debug information.. I guess it's nothing to worry about !?

Cheers,
Are T. Tysnes

Re: Custom (De)Serializer - NoSuchMethodException (Debug information)

Posted by Mike Haller <Mi...@Innovations.de>.
The BaseSerializerFactory tries several ways to instantiate and
initialize custom serializer factories. On each failure, it logs the
exception as debug info.

However, it doesn't log the successful instantiation, so you can be
confused and think that these are real errors.

-> nothing to worry about :)