Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Derek Hohls <DH...@csir.co.za> on 2008/08/21 09:48:20 UTC

Re: Not able to create and test cocoon2.2 webapp with maven/jetty

Ken

I am very curious how you plan to get PDF output using
LaTeX and Cocoon - I have seen Hugh's page where he
generates GIF images from LaTeX equations
( http://www.csparks.com/jeuler/index.jhtml )
but this seems an order-of-magnitude more complex.

Derek

Luca Morandini wrote:
> jantje wrote:
>>
>> So on the internet I am searching ways to generate
>> cocoon webapp from my blocks. There I have found the install
>> instruction and
>> the advice to use it.. So do you think there is a better way to
>> generate a
>> webapp. And do you advice me not to install my seperate blocks?
>
> I'm not sure to get what you mean... but the idea is to create a
> Cocoon webapp by using the cocoon-archetype-webapp and then declare
> the needed blocks in its pom.xml, not to generate webapps from blocks.
>
> You may look at an example of said steps in:
> http://www.lucamorandini.it/fins/installation.html
>
> Regards,
>
> --------------------
>    Luca Morandini

Hello Luca,

My main interest is in making a wider variety of diagram than
those used in 'business graphics'. This is because there is quite a number
of utilities already in that corner of the market. But your
project is still of interest to me.

I was wondering whether you have an xml-schema, or a good bunch of
samples of the source XML files you use in Fins.

My interest would be to go to a PDF  edition of the charts without passing
through SVG, and using LaTeX and friends rather than FOP.

Re: Not able to create and test cocoon2.2 webapp with maven/jetty

Posted by Ken Starks <ke...@lampsacos.demon.co.uk>.
sorry, I forgot: perhaps it would be better to start a new thread about
this.
We are straying off topic a bit far!

Posted by Ken Starks <ke...@lampsacos.demon.co.uk>.