Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Justin <ju...@gmail.com> on 2008/09/04 20:03:35 UTC

IE bug with trinidad?

Our testing department found an interesting issue with IE.  I am not sure if
anyone has seen this.  I created a simple snippet below that captures the
problem.  Basically, you have two subforms.  One for a main object one for a
related object.  So basically to create the issue don't enter any
information and press the add address button.  The related object will
complain that you must enter that address.  Click anywhere on the page
besides the text field.  The browser locks up and mouse pointer turns into
an hourglass.  Click outside of the browser pane and hourglass goes away.
So we have verified this behavior in IE6 and IE7 in both XP and Vista.  Any
suggestions?

<?xml version='1.0' encoding='windows-1252'?>

<jsp:root xmlns:jsp="http://java.sun.com/JSP/Page" version="2.0"
    xmlns:h="http://java.sun.com/jsf/html"
    xmlns:tr="http://myfaces.apache.org/trinidad"
    xmlns:trh="http://myfaces.apache.org/trinidad/html">
    <trh:body>
        <h:form>
partialSubmit="true"></tr:commandButton>
        </h:form>
    </trh:body>
</jsp:root>

Re: IE bug with trinidad?

Posted by Justin mcKay <ju...@gmail.com>.
For a future release that would be possible not the current one. If we
change the child objects to full submit instread of partial there is
no problem (except of course it will look bad with a page jump)

Justin McKay

Re: IE bug with trinidad?

Posted by Richard Yee <ri...@gmail.com>.

Re: IE bug with trinidad?

Posted by Justin <ju...@gmail.com>.

--
Justin McKay
justinmckay@gmail.com

Re: IE bug with trinidad?

Posted by Richard Yee <ri...@gmail.com>.

Re: IE bug with trinidad?

Posted by Andrew Robinson <an...@gmail.com>.
Are you able to debug this with the IE developer toolbar and see if
there is a busy/glasspane that is loaded on PPR and not dismissed?