Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Rajesh Mallah <ma...@gmail.com> on 2017/09/01 09:38:51 UTC

some comments on website ofbiz.apache.org

Hi ,

I was going through the new website an felt like sharing
some comments.

the top navigation consists of the set of highlighted
text buttons "Home","Getting Started","News","Documentation",
"Community","Demo", this shall be referred to as "Top navigation"
in remaining text.

(1)  On mouse-over in the buttons of top navigation a new "sub menu"
     opens. When the mouse is moved towards the new sub-menu items , the
     new menu tends to close when the mouse leaves the mouse over area.
     so one has to be careful to quickly move the mouse to the destination
    link .

     this is a minor irritation for endusers.

     Proposed Solution: some delay may be provided for closure of menu.

(2) All the buttons of the "top navigation" are linked .
    Owing to   lack of an intermediate page they are all currently linked
    home page. This linking is probably redundant. (Demo is an exception to
it).

(3) The installation document refers to consulting README.md
    which may be linked to

http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/ofbiz/ofbiz-framework/trunk/README.md.html
    for easy access and reference.

(4) Under documentation "User Documentation" can probably be linked to

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OFBENDUSER/OFBiz+End+User+Docs+Home
   as this is where the only relevant section "OFBiz End User Docs Home"
   of landing page eventually leads to.

(5) Also i feel an info-graphic that quickly showcases the coverage of OfBiz
     applications  would be useful to enduser.
     I feel many end-users will visit homepage with the intent of
evaluating
     ofbiz against multiple alternate options.

     Essentially a graphical form of
     http://ofbiz.apache.org/business-users.html#UsrModules
      ( A picture speaks a 1000 words)

Example i am referring to:
      https://erpnext.com/assets/erpnext_com/img/dashboard-shot.png

my 2 cents.

regds
mallah.

Re: some comments on website ofbiz.apache.org

Posted by Pawan Verma <pa...@hotwaxsystems.com>.
Hi Rajesh,

Strange, I think this issue belongs to the specific version of Firefox. I
will try to regenerate this on my end.

Meanwhile Please check mine here
<https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_cgWw5d3n5xbGZLNlVvMHJWdDg/view?usp=sharing>
.

--
Thanks and Regards,

*Pawan Verma* | Sr. Enterprise Software Engineer
HotWax Commerce <http://www.hotwax.co/> by HotWax Systems
<http://www.hotwaxsystems.com/>
Plot no. 80, Scheme no. 78 Part ||, Near Brilliant Convention Center, Indore,
M.P, India - 452010
Cell phone: +91 9977705687

Posted by Rajesh Mallah <ma...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Pawan Verma <pa...@hotwaxsystems.com>.