Posted to jetspeed-dev@portals.apache.org by suhas kulkarni <ku...@gmail.com> on 2007/07/13 09:39:10 UTC

jetspeed memory utilization problems

Hello All,

I have installed jetsped 2.1 with mysql database and for load testing i am
using apache ab for giving simulteneous request.
But during load testing jetspeed/tomcat takes 95% of memory. and our
webportal goes slow down.
But after some times jetspeed/tomcat free memory only 7-8%. i am using
default configuration while load testing.
i have used "ab -n 1000 -c 100 http://localhost:8080/jetspeed/portal/" for
lstress testing.
How will jetspeed/tomcat release memory after no load?
plese suggest weather i am using wrong load testing (ab)or need some proer
configuration.

Thanks,
Suhas

Re: jetspeed memory utilization problems

Posted by Vitaly Baranovsky <vi...@gmail.com>.
As far as I know, ab with jetspeed uses new session for each request. Each
session storing about 15-30 minutes on server. So, if you run with your
configuration, you will have 100 000 sessions, ant it consumes very much
memory.
So, you have to use one of ab parameters that takes session id. In this case
you will be search with one session for all requests.

There is interesting question to JETSPEED DEVELOPERS. Why jetspeed has such
behavior? Maybe, is it error?

--
With best regards,
Vitaly Baranovsky