Posted to dev@drill.apache.org by Akila Wajirasena <ak...@gmail.com> on 2014/02/04 17:52:29 UTC

Status of Drill Functions

Hi,

I'm Akila, a software engineer from Sri Lanka. I would like to contribute
to this project.
I went through the materials provided in the site and thought of starting
to implement some
drill functions. I have some questions regarding that;

I found the document on functions needed to be implemented [1]. I would
like to know if any of those
functions already implemented?

Then I found ComparisonFunctions class mentioned in "Contributing" wiki
page
is commented out. Is it no longer in use?

[1]
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Aoz_rQ71aIZ5dC0tN2FhNzY1c0JzV1RpOTZQM0hMdEE&usp=sharing#gid=0

--
Regards
Akila Wajirasena

Re: Status of Drill Functions

Posted by Mehant Baid <ba...@gmail.com>.
I think so, I am going refresh the patch so it applies cleanly to the
master branch and submit it.

Thanks
Mehant

Posted by Akila Wajirasena <ak...@gmail.com>.
Dear Steven and Mehant,

Are we going to merge
DRILL-320<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DRILL-320> to
master any any time soon?

Thanks,
Akila

Posted by Akila Wajirasena <ak...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Rajika for the link.

Posted by Rajika Kumarasiri <ra...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Mehant Baid <ba...@gmail.com>.
The math functions found in
exec/java-exec/src/main/java/org/apache/drill/exec/expr/fn/impl/MathFunctions.java
is not generated using freemarker, they were written by hand.

However look at the patch in jira DRILL-320
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DRILL-320> which will replace the
existing MathFunctions class and uses freemarker to generate code for
basic math functions (+,-,*,/)

Thanks
Mehant

Posted by Akila Wajirasena <ak...@gmail.com>.