Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Jim Jagielski <ji...@jaguNET.com> on 1998/05/30 02:08:57 UTC

1.3.0 release plan

(I'll adjust STATUS to reflect this).

Let's shoot for a tarball roll on the 1st with the formal release
on the 5th. Ideally, no commits should be done at all on the 1st,
so we basically have the weekend to get the CVS tree in shape for
the release.

I'll roll the tarball (including the tagging) on the 1st at around
5pm eastern. We should then all grab the tarball and compile/run
from it. We should also make sure the tarball looks right. We
have a few days to give it a good thrashing, so let's make use
of it.

Re: 1.3.0 release plan

Posted by Paul Sutton <pa...@c2.net>.
On Fri, 29 May 1998, Jim Jagielski wrote:
> (I'll adjust STATUS to reflect this).
>
> Let's shoot for a tarball roll on the 1st with the formal release
> on the 5th. Ideally, no commits should be done at all on the 1st,
> so we basically have the weekend to get the CVS tree in shape for
> the release.
>
> I'll roll the tarball (including the tagging) on the 1st at around
> 5pm eastern. We should then all grab the tarball and compile/run
> from it. We should also make sure the tarball looks right. We
> have a few days to give it a good thrashing, so let's make use
> of it.

Jim, just a quick reminder since this is the first release to feature a
Windows build: update os/win32/registry.c to the correct registry key.

I.e. change

  #define VERSION  "1.3 beta"

  #define VERSION  "1.3.0"

before tagging. This is documented in step 3 of the "How to build an
Apache Unix Release" document on devsite.

Paul