Posted to dev@hbase.apache.org by Guanghao Zhang <zg...@gmail.com> on 2020/07/20 03:24:09 UTC

[VOTE] The first HBase 2.2.6 release candidate (RC0) is available

Please vote on this release candidate (RC) for Apache HBase 2.2.6.

The VOTE will remain open for at least 72 hours.

[ ] +1 Release this package as Apache HBase 2.2.6

The tag to be voted on is 2.2.6RC0. The release files, including
signatures, digests, etc. can be found at:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/hbase/2.2.6RC0/

Maven artifacts are available in a staging repository at:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachehbase-1401

Signatures used for HBase RCs can be found in this file:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/hbase/KEYS

The list of bug fixes going into 2.2.6 can be found in included
CHANGES.md and RELEASENOTES.md available here:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/hbase/2.2.6RC0/CHANGES.md
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/hbase/2.2.6RC0/RELEASENOTES.md

A detailed source and binary compatibility report for this release is
available at:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/hbase/2.2.6RC0/api_compare_2.2.6RC0_to_2.2.5.html

To learn more about Apache HBase, please see http://hbase.apache.org/

Thanks,
Guanghao Zhang

Re: [VOTE] The first HBase 2.2.6 release candidate (RC0) is available

Posted by Guanghao Zhang <zg...@gmail.com>.

> TestAsyncTableRSCrashPublish

This is an odd one and see HBASE-23850. So I ignore it on branch-2.2.
See  HBASE-24870.

**/master.assignment.TestRaceBetweenSCPAndDTP.java

Fixed by HBASE-24819.

**/replication.multiwal.TestReplicationEndpointWithMultipleAsyncWAL.java
> **/replication.multiwal.TestReplicationSyncUpToolWithMultipleWAL.java

Not regression. After debug, I thought the reason is that the wait time is
too short. See HBASE-24906.

**/master.procedure.TestHBCKSCP.java

 **/replication.TestReplicationDroppedTables.java

**/replication.TestReplicationSyncUpTool.java

 org.apache.hadoop.hbase.regionserver.TestHRegionWithInMemoryFlush.testCheckAndMutate_WithCorrectValue

 org.apache.hadoop.hbase.TestSplitMerge.test

These tests were fixed by backport branch-2 UT stabilizing job and not in
flaky dashboard now.

Will prepare the second release candidate of 2.2.6 after resolving the
remaining issues.

 Please start a new, dedicated mail thread with an appropriate [DISCUSS]

subject if you want to move the stable pointer to a new minor release line.

Yeah. I am +1 for moving the stable line to 2.3.*. Will open a [DISCUSS]
thread after 2.2.6 and 2.3.1 are released. Thanks.

Peter Somogyi <ps...@apache.org> 于2020年7月23日周四 下午6:46写道:

Posted by Peter Somogyi <ps...@apache.org>.
+1 (binding)

Posted by Viraj Jasani <vj...@apache.org>.
+1

* Signature: ok
* Checksum : ok
* Rat check (1.8.0_251): ok
 - mvn clean apache-rat:check
* Built from source (1.8.0_251): ok
 - mvn clean install -DskipTests
* Web UI: ok
* CRUD: ok
* Flush/Compaction: ok
* Load 5M rows using LTT: ok
* Unit tests pass (1.8.0_251): failed
 - mvn package -P runAllTests

org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.TestAsyncTableRegionReplicasScan.testNoReplicaRead[1]
   Run 1: TestAsyncTableRegionReplicasScan>AbstractTestAsyncTableRegionReplicasRead.testNoReplicaRead:204 expected:<0> but was:<2>
   Run 2: PASS

org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.TestAsyncTableRegionReplicasScan.testReadSpecificReplica[0]
   Run 1: TestAsyncTableRegionReplicasScan.testReadSpecificReplica[0] » RetriesExhausted
   Run 2: PASS

Posted by Sean Busbey <bu...@apache.org>.

Posted by Guanghao Zhang <zg...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Guanghao Zhang <zg...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Andrew Purtell <ap...@apache.org>.

--
Best regards,
Andrew

decrepit hands
   - A23, Crosstalk

Re: [VOTE] The first HBase 2.2.6 release candidate (RC0) is available

Posted by Andrew Purtell <ap...@apache.org>.
-1 (binding)

        * Signature: ok
        * Checksum : ok