Posted to users@cxf.apache.org by "Leis, Benjamin" <be...@amazon.com> on 2013/08/02 21:16:57 UTC

Different url encoding between ApacheCXF versions

I'm trying to move some code off a stale version of ApacheCXF (2.2.9) to 2.7.  I've run into an odd issue with the url encoding of requests that it generates.

I have client code that uses the ApacheCXF rest client and the only thing I'm shifting is the library.

Based on the request logging on the server I'm seeing all the slashes and commas in string arguments are no longer encoded and thus (I assume) the call gets rejected:

New Requests:

/v1/cm/createCM;seedId;useTemplate=false;userId=benleis;cmSubject=Region1,Region2%5D%20Deploy%20EDS%20release%20benleis-release%20to%20EDS%20hostset%20

Etc ...

- RESPONSE /v1/cm/createCM  404

Old requests:

/v1/cm/createCM;seedId;useTemplate=false;userId=benleis;cmSubject=Region1%2CRegion2%5D%20Deploy%20EDS%20release%20benleis-release%20to%20EDS%20hostset

Etc ...

- RESPONSE /v1/cm/createCM  200

What controls how the client API does the encoding?
Thanks
Ben