Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Mats Norén <ma...@curalia.se> on 2004/12/13 14:54:46 UTC

Different behaviour of jx in 2.1.3 and 2.1.5.1

Hi,
We´ve been using JXTG in Cocoon 2.1.3 with the following syntax in about
100 places:

<dw:param name="arende_id"
type="static">${systemlarm.driftstorning.arenderef.get(0).arende_id}</dw:param>
                                                 ====^

It seems that the 2.1.5.1 version isn´t lenient at all when it comes to
error handling when trying to traverse an empty list this way.

Was it a bug in 2.1.3 that made this possible or is the new version at
fault?

I glanced at the code of the JXTG and the getValue-code seemed the same
for both versions. Has anyone else had any problems with this switch?

Best regards,
Mats

--
Mats Norén  |  Systems Designer
Phone: +46 (0)73 332 32 51

Re: Different behaviour of jx in 2.1.3 and 2.1.5.1

Posted by mats <ma...@alma.nu>.
Hmmm,
To make things clearer, the problem is traversal of arenderef.get(0) in
the example code when arenderef is an empty list or null.