Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by Chandrashekhar Kotekar <sh...@gmail.com> on 2014/07/30 13:34:02 UTC

Could not resolve the DNS name of slave2:60020

I have a HBase cluster on AWS. I have written few REST services which are
supposed to connect to this HBase cluster and get some data.

My configuration is as below :

   1. Java code, eclipse, tomcat running on my desktop
   2. HBase cluster, Hadoop cluster sitting on AWS
   3. Can connect to HBase cluster, Hadoop cluster ONLY THROUGH VPN

Whenever web service tries to do ANY operation on HBase, it throws Could
not resolve the DNS name of slave2:60020 error with following stack trace.

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Could not resolve the DNS name of
slave2:60020
    at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.HServerAddress.checkBindAddressCanBeResolved(HServerAddress.java:105)
    at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.HServerAddress.<init>(HServerAddress.java:66)
    at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.zookeeper.RootRegionTracker.dataToHServerAddress(RootRegionTracker.java:82)
    at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.zookeeper.RootRegionTracker.waitRootRegionLocation(RootRegionTracker.java:73)
    at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.HConnectionManager$HConnectionImplementation.locateRegion(HConnectionManager.java:578)
    at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.HConnectionManager$HConnectionImplementation.locateRegion(HConnectionManager.java:558)
    at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.HConnectionManager$HConnectionImplementation.locateRegionInMeta(HConnectionManager.java:687)
    at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.HConnectionManager$HConnectionImplementation.locateRegion(HConnectionManager.java:589)

 at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.HTablePool.createHTable(HTablePool.java:129)
    at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.HTablePool.getTable(HTablePool.java:96)
    at com.shekhar.dao.AdminDAO.getAdminInfoByRowKey(AdminDAO.java:63)
    at com.shekhar.auth.Authorization.isSystemAdmin(Authorization.java:41)
    at com.shekhar.business.ReadingProcessor.getReadingInfo(ReadingProcessor.java:310)
    at com.shekhar.services.ReadingService.getReadings(ReadingService.java:543)

In hbase-site.xml file I have given IP address of HBase master and in
core-site.xml file IP address of namenode is given.

Has anyone faced this type of problem? Why this problem arises?

I have posted same question on Stack overflow but no one replied hence
posting question here.

Request you to please help.

Regards,
Chandrash3khar Kotekar
Mobile - +91 8600011455

Re: Could not resolve the DNS name of slave2:60020

Posted by Chandrashekhar Kotekar <sh...@gmail.com>.
Thanks a lot for your help :)

Regards,
Chandrash3khar Kotekar