Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by "anurag.walia" <wa...@hotmail.com> on 2011/03/25 10:59:07 UTC

Re: problem with snowballporterfilterfactory

Thanks in advance.
Please try to resolve the issue
Please find the screen shot of analyser. I have a problem with number of
character in Term Text after snowballporterfilterfactory . I entered
"Polymer" but after snowballporterfilterfactory it become "Polym" while it
was not exist in "protwords.txt" file . I want if any word does not exist in
"protwords.txt" Term Text should be whole world like "Polymer"
Regards
Anurag Walia
http://lucene.472066.n3.nabble.com/file/n2729734/solrproblem.jpg
solrproblem.jpg

Re: problem with snowballporterfilterfactory

Posted by "anurag.walia" <wa...@hotmail.com>.
Thanks Erick for replied,

I used "protwords.txt" for matching the result  for singular and plural
words like bag and bags.

Regards
Anurag Walia

Re: problem with snowballporterfilterfactory

Posted by Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com>.
Why are you using the stemmer at all then? This is the exact
inverse of how protwords.txt is usually used....

You might think about removing the stemmer from the analysis
chain and using synonyms to transform your list of words....

Best
Erick