Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Scott Hamilton <ha...@grunj.cat.org.au> on 2000/11/30 05:43:18 UTC

RE[2]: Tomcat issue - Fresh data not brought forward

>Hi,
>   Yes, I did check the transaction is commited.

    OK if you are doing an explicit connection.commit();
    then the only time I've had a similar problem was when
    I was using the same bean from different JSP pages and
    the bean was set scope="session"  and I had kept
    the connection to the database open, so I was
    doing a DriverManager.getConnection() once and never
    did a corresponding connection.close()....  The data
    I always got was from when the first transaction was
    started, even with a connection.commit() it appeared
    as though one transaction was commited in the RDBMS
    but a new transaction wasn't started.

    Scott.