Posted to user@guacamole.apache.org by calebc <ca...@provisioninfotech.com> on 2021/04/23 16:39:35 UTC

Guac-Auth-JSON Build Failure

Hello!

I have installed Maven, and the JDK, when I try to compile the
guacamole-auth-json I am getting the following errors:

[ERROR] Failed to execute goal
org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-compiler-plugin:3.8.1:compile
(default-compile) on project guacamole-auth-json: Compilation failure:
Compilation failure:
[ERROR]
/Users/USERNAME/Downloads/guacamole-client-master/extensions/guacamole-auth-json/src/main/java/org/apache/guacamole/auth/json/ConfigurationService.java:[27,38]
error: cannot find symbol
[ERROR]   symbol:   class ByteArrayProperty
[ERROR]   location: package org.apache.guacamole.properties
[ERROR]
/Users/USERNAME/Downloads/guacamole-client-master/extensions/guacamole-auth-json/src/main/java/org/apache/guacamole/auth/json/ConfigurationService.java:[28,38]
error: cannot find symbol
[ERROR]   symbol:   class StringListProperty
[ERROR]   location: package org.apache.guacamole.properties
[ERROR]
/Users/USERNAME/Downloads/guacamole-client-master/extensions/guacamole-auth-json/src/main/java/org/apache/guacamole/auth/json/ConfigurationService.java:[45,25]
error: cannot find symbol
[ERROR]   symbol:   class ByteArrayProperty
[ERROR]   location: class ConfigurationService
[ERROR]
/Users/USERNAME/Downloads/guacamole-client-master/extensions/guacamole-auth-json/src/main/java/org/apache/guacamole/auth/json/ConfigurationService.java:[59,25]
error: cannot find symbol
[ERROR]   symbol:   class StringListProperty
[ERROR]   location: class ConfigurationService
[ERROR]
/Users/USERNAME/Downloads/guacamole-client-master/extensions/guacamole-auth-json/src/main/java/org/apache/guacamole/auth/json/ConfigurationService.java:[45,65]
error: cannot find symbol
[ERROR]   symbol:   class ByteArrayProperty
[ERROR]   location: class ConfigurationService
[ERROR]
/Users/USERNAME/Downloads/guacamole-client-master/extensions/guacamole-auth-json/src/main/java/org/apache/guacamole/auth/json/ConfigurationService.java:[47,8]
error: method does not override or implement a method from a supertype
[ERROR]
/Users/USERNAME/Downloads/guacamole-client-master/extensions/guacamole-auth-json/src/main/java/org/apache/guacamole/auth/json/ConfigurationService.java:[59,72]
error: cannot find symbol
[ERROR]   symbol:   class StringListProperty
[ERROR]   location: class ConfigurationService
[ERROR]
/Users/USERNAME/Downloads/guacamole-client-master/extensions/guacamole-auth-json/src/main/java/org/apache/guacamole/auth/json/ConfigurationService.java:[61,8]
error: method does not override or implement a method from a supertype

I have tried 3 different OS' with different java versions, but can't seem to
make it past this point.

I am running "mvn clean package"

Thanks!

Re: Guac-Auth-JSON Build Failure

Posted by calebc <ca...@provisioninfotech.com>.
I am able to run mvn clean package and have it run successfully in other
plugins, it's just the auth-json that fails.

Re: Guac-Auth-JSON Build Failure

Posted by calebc <ca...@provisioninfotech.com>.
java 16.0.1 2021-04-20
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 16.0.1+9-24)
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 16.0.1+9-24, mixed mode, sharing)

Re: Guac-Auth-JSON Build Failure

Posted by Nick Couchman <vn...@apache.org>.
What version of Java are you using?

-Nick

Posted by calebc <ca...@provisioninfotech.com>.
This is great. Thanks for the advice!

Re: Guac-Auth-JSON Build Failure

Posted by Mike Jumper <mi...@glyptodon.com>.
On Fri, Apr 23, 2021 at 9:39 AM calebc <
caleb.coverdale@provisioninfotech.com> wrote:

> Hello!
>
> I have installed Maven, and the JDK, when I try to compile the
> guacamole-auth-json I am getting the following errors:
>
> [ERROR] Failed to execute goal
> org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-compiler-plugin:3.8.1:compile
> (default-compile) on project guacamole-auth-json: Compilation failure:
> Compilation failure:
> [ERROR]
>
> /Users/USERNAME/Downloads/guacamole-client-master/extensions/guacamole-auth-json/src/main/java/org/apache/guacamole/auth/json/ConfigurationService.java:[27,38]
> error: cannot find symbol
> [ERROR]   symbol:   class ByteArrayProperty
> [ERROR]   location: package org.apache.guacamole.properties
> [ERROR]
>
> /Users/USERNAME/Downloads/guacamole-client-master/extensions/guacamole-auth-json/src/main/java/org/apache/guacamole/auth/json/ConfigurationService.java:[28,38]
> error: cannot find symbol
> [ERROR]   symbol:   class StringListProperty
> [ERROR]   location: package org.apache.guacamole.properties

These errors deal with properties that were formerly part of
guacamole-auth-json but have since been moved into guacamole-ext. This
means:

1) In order to build guacamole-auth-json, you will need to build the entire
guacamole-client project so that Maven pulls in the copy of guacamole-ext
that's part of the same source tree.
2) After all that builds, you will need to use the guacamole .war that's
produced from that same build. The resulting extension will not be
compatible with a version of Guacamole that includes an older guacamole-ext
(as such an older version would not have the new classes).

Overall, instead of running "mvn clean package" just within
guacamole-auth-json, run that within guacamole-client and make sure to only
use the resulting guacamole-auth-json extension with a .war from that same
build.

If you need a guacamole-auth-json that is compatible with existing
Guacamole releases, rather than only the current guacamole-client tree, you
will need to build the old Glyptodon repo:

https://github.com/glyptodon/guacamole-auth-json

Michael Jumper
CEO, Lead Developer
Glyptodon Inc <https://glyp.to/>.