Posted to dev@kylin.apache.org by skyyws <sk...@163.com> on 2017/06/29 07:13:24 UTC

Execute SQL on Kylin 2.0.0 with old metadata

Hello,

If I build the segments with kylin 1.5.4,  and now I want to deploy kylin 2.0.0. Can I execute SQL on kylin 2.0.0 with old metadata url directly(which means execute SQL by scan old segments on kylin 2.0.0)? Or I have to build new segment with the old cube to execute SQL?

2017-06-29

skyyws

Re: Execute SQL on Kylin 2.0.0 with old metadata

Posted by Li Yang <li...@apache.org>.
The metadata is backward compatible by design. Smooth upgrade is expected.