Posted to j-users@xerces.apache.org by Neeraj Bajaj <Ne...@Sun.COM> on 2001/12/21 13:09:29 UTC

Re: Root tag name missing in DOCTYPE declaration when serializing usi ng SAX

> I am serializing an XML document using SAX interfaces:
>
> 	OutputFormat fmt = new OutputFormat ("xml", "UTF-8", true);
> 	fmt.setDoctype(publicId, dtdUrl);
> 	XMLSerializer xmlSerializer = new XMLSerializer(writer, fmt);
> 	xmlSerializer.startDocument();
			^^^^^
		these methods will be automatically called as a part of SAX
callbacks, when 'xmlSerializer' is set as the contentHandler for serialization.

> The output I am getting is missing the root tag in the DOCTYPE declaration:
>
> 	<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
> 	<!DOCTYPE  PUBLIC "publicID" "myDTD.dtd">

	it works , which version of parser are u working on ?

regards,
Neeraj Bajaj
Sun Microsystems, inc.

Phone: 080-2298989 x87425.