Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by Markus Müller <dj...@yahoo.com> on 2010/01/21 11:04:43 UTC

missing /apps/james

hello,

i tried to install james enterprise server, but after unpacking the zip or tar.gz file is missing in directory apps /james/SAR-INF .
Whats wrong there  ??

I want to install james on an linux server with Debian Lenny.

http://mail.yahoo.com

RE: missing /apps/james

Posted by Nitin Gupta <ni...@srishtitechnet.com>.
Markus,

You need to run the /bin/run.sh so that James can extract the directory
structure. Once it starts, you can then stop it (ctrl Z). After this you
will see the directory that you are looking for.

Also look at http://wiki.apache.org/james/JamesQuickstart

Rgds
nitin

Re: missing /apps/james

Posted by Norman Maurer <no...@googlemail.com>.
Hi Markus,

you need to start james one time to get this directory. It get
unpacked from the james.sar file.

Bye,
Norman