Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Michael Giroux <ml...@gmail.com> on 2008/06/13 20:22:36 UTC

Aggregrate Report "Group By" suggestion

I have a Jmete testplan that includes more than 50 HTTP Requests.
Each request has a NAME that reflects what it is doing,

Exampel names:
Validate Logon
Validate Logon bad user name
Validate Logon bad user password
Validate Logon bad employee number

This results in a very large aggregate report with (in this case) four
separate entries for Validate Logon requests.

I would like to be able to group all of these together into a single
Validate Logon aggrerate entry.  I can do this by changing the names
to be the same, but that makes it impossible to find entries in other
reports such as the View Results Tree report.

It would be nice to have an option to specify a grouping pattern:
group by:  Validate Logon*

Or perhaps group by Logic Controller.  I can easily group related
tests into a simple logic controller.

Would such an option be of interest to others?

Michael