Posted to dev@roller.apache.org by Greg Huber <gr...@gmail.com> on 2013/07/30 09:16:41 UTC

run/debug tests locally

Glen,

Any ideas on how to run/debug the local unit tests in eclipse?  This seems
quite difficult. The tests seem now are purely focused on the finial build,
and really not caring about its surrounding ecosystem :(

Cheers Greg.

Re: run/debug tests locally

Posted by Glen Mazza <gl...@gmail.com>.
Sure, I blogged it here for Eclipse and IntelliJ:
http://www.jroller.com/gmazza/entry/jpa_and_junit

Enter from a command-line window (remove #methodName if you want to
debug all tests, but normally you want 1-by-1):
roller/app$ mvn test -Dtest=TestClassName#methodName -Dmaven.surefire.debug

You have to be in the "app" folder for -Dtest to work.  The terminal
window will report that it's waiting for an IDE to receive the debugging
messages.

Then go back to your IDE and activate code debugging and tracing as you
would do any code tracing/debugging.

Glen